- You can go through the library entrance gate using your student ID card (library pass).
- Inside the library, you should always carry your student ID. You should always show your student ID card (library pass) when requested by the library staff.
- Rental/Copying of the Student ID card, unauthorized entry, etc., is strictly prohibited. When caught, you will be restricted from entering the library (or using any services provided by the library) according to the library regulations.
Students & Faculty Members of Korea Univ.
- Students & Faculty Members can gain access to library materials/facilities using their Student ID (Employee Cards).
- In the case of a course that does not issue student ID cards (i.e., exchange students, short-term courses at affiliated institutions, etc.), the user can use the library after receiving a Library Card. Go to ‘Library Card Issuance’ Page
- When the issuance of a Student ID Card is delayed, the user can gain access to the library and borrow books by using their ‘ID card (Resident Registration Card, etc.) and ‘Student Number.’ (only during March & September)
- Freshmen who have not received a student number should use their ‘ID card’ and ‘Admission Certificate’ to gain access to the library and view books/materials (must submit ID card) (cannot loan materials/books or use reading rooms).
Graduates / Retired Faculty Members
- Graduates can enter the library and use the reading room for one month after graduation.
- After the library usage period has expired, graduates can use the library by registering as an annual subscriber (users who pay an annual fee).
- Retired Faculty Members can use the library according to the length of their service.
Outsiders from Other Universities
- Can gain access to the library and its services by receiving a ‘Data Access Request Form’ (name of form may vary by university) and submitting it to the Korea Univ. Library. (However, cannot loan books/materials or use reading rooms)
Ordinary Users (External Users)
- Ordinary users can enter the library only for the purpose of reading materials/books. They must leave an ID card and receive a ‘Visitor Card’ from the main desk to enter the library.
- Group Tours & Minors can enter the library only if they have earned permission in advance.
- Users must follow the instructions/directions of the library staff. If a user causes any kind of discomfort to other users or performs an act that goes against the purpose of the library, they will be forced to leave the library (or even be banned) according to library regulations.
How to Use Facilities
You can simply make a reservation to use library facilities (reading room, group study room, etc.) through the Library Facility Reservation System (APP/WEB).
How to make a Reservation
- Mobile App
- Web Page
Facility Usage Guide
- Reservations for GroupStudy Room can be made within two weeks from the current date.
- However, the reservation is limited to once a day/per user + 3hours during the reservation period (registering new participants will also be included in the ‘number of reservations’)
- Please refer to the ‘Guide to each facility type’ on the homepage for available hours.
- If you leave the room before the reserved time, please be sure to check out for other users.
- Please clearly indicate the purpose of using the study room.
- If you fail to certify yourself within 20 minutes of the start of the reservation time, your reservation will be canceled and you cannot use the facility.
- If you do not use the facility (or fail to certify yourself within a certain period of time) after making a reservation, you will receive an additional penalty (cannot use facilities/seats)
- Facilities that can be reserved depending on the schedule/operation of the library without using the Facility Reservation System. (Spaces that are used for regular library events/programs.)
- Can be reserved by contacting the facility manager via phone or e-mail (must contact the manager at least before a week)
- Reservation available after reviewing the purpose of use (need approval)
- List of Facilities
|Younglim Forestry Multi Zone||An event hall for academic lectures and events||Undergraduates, Graduate Students, Staff/Employees||Sejong library 1F 1st Readingroom|
- Sejong Library Academic Information Team : 044-860-1803, firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating a Quiet Environment
- The library is a space that many people use.
- In the archive room and reading room, cell phones must be muted, and calls outside are requested.
- All electronic devices, such as laptops and calculators, can only be used in laptop-use areas and Care must be taken not to offend others with typing and mouse sounds.
- Please lower the volume of your earphones.
- Inside the reading room, even a small noise can cause harm to others. Short conversations (whispers) with friends are also requested outside the reading room.
No Personalization of Seats
- Seats in the library are not privately owned.
- One seat per person is allowed, and the act of stacking luggage next to you may cause damage to others.
- The reading room can be used after reserving a seat, and when you are away for a long time, you can share your seat with others by returning the seat.
Reading Room Environment
- Please do not leave any traces of yourself after using the library.
- Please place your trash in the trash can and finished readings in a nearby book cart.
No eating / No smoking
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in all areas except for designated areas in the library.
- All areas of the library are non-smoking areas.
- Only beverages with lids can be brought into the library.
- Please be sure to bring valuables with you.
- Do not leave objects or books on the desk.